Saturday, December 4, 2010

CHICKEN CHASING 101


A while back, the little kids discovered the great sport of chasing chicken’s at our house. At the beginning of the year, my brother incubated 40 or so chickens. But get this, 20 of them hatched and then we bought 20 more. We already had 13 in the main coop. Also, my brother took in 8 more roosters. Well the little kids were running around chasing them, and then I went to help them. All the chickens were running around and we already needed to put them in the coop. That was last summer, and now every week or so they get opened up and get out. And then we have the great sport of catching them all over again. Somewhere in between the middle of the project, the kids usually chase one into a tree. Then I climb up and shake the tree. The whole time my sis and the rest have great delight in this. Taking care of chickens might be hard work, but hey, sometimes hard work is worth it in the end. Like sometimes my dad, my brother and I all work out side on the chicken coop. Or sometimes all the kids go out and bond while catching chickens. Also we makemoney by selling eggs so we can buy the chickens' food. So if you really think about it, chickens and animals really are a blessing. And some day I might talk about our dog Emily, and our cats Butterfinger and Buddy. See, animals and the country can be a great blessing.  I have to say I don’t now if I could live without my family and pets.

                                                                           -Paper written by Lissa E.

No comments:

Post a Comment