Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hey Everybody Guess What I found!!!!!

The other day I was looking through my mom's many home-school magazines and found a simple yet entertaining craft that I believe is worthy of mentioning. And it only takes 4 things:
1. 3 slices of white bread, Unless you want it earthy looking then use seed bread, (cut crusts off and feed to the birds).
2. 3 tablespoons white glue (I used school glue and it seems to work well).
3. Acrylic paint to color the clay.
4. Lotion if you don't want to get all messy.
Break the bread into small pieces and then put in the glue. Mix until coarse balls form. hen here's the fun part coat your hands with lotion and then grab the blob. Knead it with your fingertips for about 10-15 minutes or until it loses most of it's stickiness and is smooth, (THIS IS A MESSY PROJECT SO YOU SHOULD COVER YOUR WORK SPACE). Now if you choose to paint it take a little dab of paint and add it to the clay. keep molding it and adding it until desired color is accomplished. Now you can make any project you want. I made Christmas ornaments for the little kids' Christmas presents. The home-school magazine I got it from is called The Old Schoolhouse (their Christmas edition). It also has information on how to make a trinket box and tea set.
I might put up pictures of my ornaments when their dry also. I used seed bread for them and they look really cool. If you want the tea set information ask about it in the chat box, and if you want info about the magazine go to:
                                         www.TheHomeschoolMagazine.com

                                                                                       -Thanks, Lissa E.

1 comment:

  1. This project is very fun to do...
    ... even if it is messy!!!

    ReplyDelete